Monday 27 November 2017

Vaccination: A Dot for One and Cure for Two


The concept of vicarious learning is well known in the field of psychology. It suggests that a person can learn or unlearn a behavior just by observing the outcomes of that behavior, from someone else. That sets a good ground for the concern that would be discussed here today. We will discuss how vaccinating your child - especially when you have access to it can play a role in protecting those who do not have accessibility to these life-saving vaccines. Vaccination is a basic medical amenity, but is still a privilege for many in emerging economies.

Vaccination has shown a significant amount of reduction in many life-threatening diseases in the past few years. It is a way of making the body immune to diseases, by injecting weakened antigens (germs) of a disease such as measles or smallpox into the body. To its reaction, the body produces antibodies (protein) to fight these germs. It is a way of preparing the body to provide immunity from a disease. Moreover, vaccination is seen not only as a way of curing a disease for the one who gets vaccinated, but also for others around you, who unfortunately cannot afford this treatment with the help of Herd Immunity.

WHO published a report based on the Global Health Observatory (GHO) data in the year 2016, which stated that 5.6 million children died under the age of 5. The same sources have also reported that diarrhea is one of the most significant causes of death, along with other diseases such as malaria, measles and a few others1,2.

In a report by Global Disease Burden, 2016, it was revealed that India alone registered deaths of 0.9 million children under the age of 5. What is more shocking is that it is the highest number globally, even more than the countries ranking below India in poverty rates3.

When a child is vaccinated, it eliminates both the risk of the disease as well as its spread. However, these vaccines are not accessible to a large part of the population, especially in developing countries like India, due to costs and maintenance factors. As a result, parents who have accessibility to these vaccines are advised to get their children vaccinated, as it cuts down on the spread rate of these diseases.

Making this happen does not seem like a distant dream now, with some organizations already working towards it. One such initiative, in this direction, is taken by an India based organization, Hilleman Laboratories. Hilleman has adopted innovative technological modes to create vaccines at much lower prices, with the technique of novel packaging. This way, the cost reduction in manufacturing will also affect the accessibility cost.

  1. http://www.who.int/gho/child_health/mortality/mortality_under_five_text/en/
  2. http://www.who.int/gho/child_health/mortality/causes/en/
  3. http://indianexpress.com/article/india/under-five-mortality-rate-highest-in-india-report-lancet-uttar-pradesh-kerala-4845938/


1 comment:

  1. I'm here to give my testimony how I was cured from HIV, I contacted my HIV via blade. A friend of my use blade to peel of her finger nails and drop it where she use it, so after she has left i did know what came unto me i looked at my nails, my nails were very long and I took the blade which she just used on her own nails to cut of my finger nails, as i was maintaining my names, i mistakenly injured myself. I did even bother about it, so when I got to the hospital the next week when i was ill the doctor told me that I am HIV positive, i wondered where did i got it from so i remembered how I use my friend blade to cut off my hand so i feel so sad in my heart to the extent that i don’t even know what to do, so one day i was passing through the internet i met a testimony of a lady that all talk about how she was cured by a doctor called DR Imoloa so i quickly emailed the doctor and he also replied to me and told me the requirements which i will provide and I do according to his command, he prepare a herbal medicine for me which I took. He message me the following week that i should go for a test which i did to my own surprise i found that i was HIV negative. He also have cured for all kinds of incurable diseases like: Huntington's disease, back acne, chronic kidney failure, Addison's disease, Chronic Disease, Crohn's Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Fibromyalgia, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Fungal Nail Disease, Paralysis, Celia Disease , Lymphoma, Major Depression, Malignant Melanoma, Mania, Melorheostosis, Meniere's Disease, Mucopolysaccharidosis, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscle Dystrophy, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Alzheimer Disease and so many. Thanks to him once more the great doctor that cured me dr. Imoloa so you can also email him via drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com or what'sapp him on +2347081986098.. God Bless you Sir.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Hilleman Laboratories is a global vaccine research & development organization focused on making affordable vaccines using innovation to address gaps that exist in low resource settings. Hilleman Labs acts as a catalyst in bridging the gap between academic research and product development by targeting novel vaccines and increasing the efficiency of existing vaccines. Know More

Designed By D Yellow Elephant